NOTES FROM OUR NURSE
MRS. FRANCES JONES, RN
- If any emergency contact information changes throughout the school year please forward all of the new information to the school, as soon as possible. Having current information on file is of vital importance especially when your child is sick, injured or in case of an emergency.
- If your child has a fever of 100 degrees or greater, please keep your child home until fever free (under 100 degrees) for 24 hours. Also, please note that if your child is sent home from school with a fever, he/she can not return until the fever is below 100 degrees for 24 hours.
- If your child is vomiting or has uncontrolled diarrhea, keep him/her out of school until the child has stopped vomiting and having diarrhea for 24 hours.
- If your child has pinkeye with a discharge, ringworm or any bacterial infection he/she is to be kept out of school and may not return without a doctor’s note confirming the administration of treatment with medication for the condition.
- If your child is absent for 5 or more days – he/she must return with a doctor’s note.
- Please inform the school nurse, if your child has any health problems and /or is on medication. If medication is needed to be dispensed in school, please refer to the student/parent handbook for policy. Children must not bring any medication to school. It must be brought in by an adult.
- Please feel free to contact the School #6 nurse if you have any questions or concerns.
Fran Jones, RN